It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:32 am

Welcome
Welcome to garrardmatters

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: HMV 2030 AUTO CHANGE RECORD PLAYER
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:15 pm 

HMV 2030 Auto Change Record Player - Circa Late 1960s

From my own personal collection.

You are viewing a vintage HMV Auto Change Record Player dating from 1968/69 period in the famous Dansette style, which is in near prestine condition. HMV were renowned for making high quality, well designed and very expensive electrical products; the unit is fitted with a high output amplifier and quality loudspeaker, giving a fantastic and powerful quality sound output. As can be seen from the pictures, the cabinet is in it’s most attractive colour combination of olive green with grey covering to the interior of the cabinet lid complete with the original HMV logo, manual and instructions; the unit is also fitted with a solid wood vertical slatted front loudspeaker panel, complete with a chrome panel containing connecting sockets, amber indicator, and the now famous HMV dog trademark, all Bass, Treble, and On/Off, which can all be adjusted with the lid closed, are fitted to the top brushed aluminium control panel, with all control markings present and unworn, as is the HMV logo. The auto change record player deck is a top quality BSR in black and grey with chrome trim, operating at 16/33/45/78 rpm speeds, allowing all record sizes to be played. Up to eight records can be loaded on to the auto-changer centre spindle to be played automatically, or records can of course be played manually. This record player has been well cared for with over many years of use with all hinges, carry handle and lid fasteners in very good condition. The amplifier and record deck have both been professionally and correctly serviced i.e. the record deck cleaned and the automatic record change mechanism lubricated and set for perfect operation, stylus weight set correctly, all electronic components meticulously checked to ensure the amplifier is to manufacturers specifications, to give many more years of reliable operation, as if it were re-created like new again! A brand new cartridge and diamond BSR ST12 stylus for LP and 78 records fitted for optimum sound quality, new earthed mains cable fitted, fully electrically tested, and all is working perfectly; however, I demonstrated by playing one of my Ulrich Schnauss Lp’s, the result was amazing with a high pitched and superb very powerful high quality sound output. HMV intended when new, absolutely fantastic!!!! Please see the pictures for more details on this early, now highly collectable, high performance record player, in superb near mint condition, correctly serviced for many more years of listening pleasure. Please see pictures of this amazing piece of equipment.

Kind regards
Michael

PS - Bear in mind that the stylus will have to be replaced after 1600 hours of usage, as it wears! However, as I play older records that are not badly scratched or gauged, but in mintish condition the lifeline of the stylus can be prolonged if it is treated with care. Again as it wears it would be recommended to replace with another stylus to prevent wear to the records, as the force of the stylus tracks at 7 grams, which is very heavy! You can find these on ebay. I only play the best Lp's on my HiFi system etc. I hope you enjoy!

Attachments:
File comment: TWO ULRICH SCHNAUSS LPs FOR DEMONSTRATION.
HMV 2030 Fig 6.JPG
HMV 2030 Fig 6.JPG [ 1.55 MiB | Viewed 532 times ]
File comment: RIGHT SIDE OF RECORD PLAYER WITH HANDLE DISPLAY.
HMV 2030 Fig 5.JPG
HMV 2030 Fig 5.JPG [ 1.11 MiB | Viewed 532 times ]
File comment: LEFT SIDE OF RECORD PLAYER WITH THE LID OPEN.
HMV 2030 Fig 4.JPG
HMV 2030 Fig 4.JPG [ 1.08 MiB | Viewed 532 times ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]